Use it on pasta, spread on a baguette, or toss with your favourite steamed vegetables. Easy to make, and even easier to eat, this is a summer-ready spread you must try.
Prep Time: 1 hr 15 minutes
Yield: approximately 2 cups
- 250 g / 2 cups raw cashews
- 2 cloves / 2 tsp garlic, roughly chopped
- 48 g / 2 cups fresh arugula, washed and dried
- 42 g / 3 tbsp Crystal margarine
- 10 ml / 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 10 ml / 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 5 ml / 1 tsp dijon mustard (regular or grainy)
- 5 ml / 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 3 g / 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 g / 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 g / 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl or container, cover cashews with cold water and soak for 50 to 60 minutes. Drain, but save 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) of the water.
- Place drained cashews and garlic into a blender or food processor, and process until chunky.
- Add the arugula, Crystal margarine, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard, maple syrup, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and the reserved water to the raw cashew puree.
- Process mixture until desired texture is reached.
- Transfer the spread into a jar, or an airtight container, and store for up to 1 week in the fridge.
- Soak your raw cashews the night before you plan on making the spread, in order to cut down on prep time.
- Use as a dip with crackers or chips, or as a spread on crostini or sandwiches.