Craving a sweet snack, but want something quick and easy? Make a large batch of this spread and keep it in the fridge, ready for when snack attacks hit.
450 g / 2 cups Crystal Margarine 190 g / 1 cup Brown sugar
25 g / 2 tbsp Ground cinnamon 2 g / 1 tsp Ground clove
1 g / 1⁄2 tsp Ground nutmeg Pinch of salt
Bread for toast
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the Crystal Margarine with an electric mixer until soft and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- To the creamed Crystal Margarine, add the brown sugar, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, and salt. Continue creaming until the sugar has almost completely dissolved, 6-8 minutes. Roll some of the spread between your thumb and forefinger — if you can feel hard grains of sugar, continue mixing.
- Once the spread is fully mixed, store it in an airtight container, in the refrigerator, until ready to use.
- Toast a few slices of fresh bread.
- Spread on the creamy cinnamon brown sugar spread, and allow it to melt down into the toasted loaf before enjoying.
- Try substituting the brown sugar with 3⁄4 cup of raw honey, for an even richer treat with less processed sugar.
- This spread can be stored in the refrigerator for as long as the expiry date on the Crystal Margarine container states.
- Try this spread atop freshly baked Banana Nut Espresso Muffins or Gluten Free Honey Pecan Muffins