Stay outside, feel the breeze, and grill some peaches! These Grilled Peaches are an easy way to end a BBQ, and if you’re using an outdoor grill, they’ll save you from heating your kitchen up. Simple, easy and delicious, combine them with a helping of greek yogurt and enjoy this fresh end-of-summer treat.
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 medium to large peaches, ripe but firm
- 124g / 5 tsp Crystal margarine, divided
- 60 ml / 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 g / 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 g / 1/8 tsp salt
- 10 g / 2 tbsp basil, sliced into thin strips
- fresh basil leaves
- Place a grill pan on medium-high to high heat.
- Meanwhile, wash and dry peaches. Halve and pit peaches. Set aside.
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, combine Crystal margarine with maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt. Heat at 10 second intervals until melted. Once melted, add basil and stir mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Add peach halves and toss until peaches are well-coated.
- Lightly brush the grill pan with melted Crystal margarine. Place peach halves, cut-side down, onto the hot grill pan. Grill for about 5 minutes, or until grill marks form. With the help of tongs, turn peaches over. Spoon any leftover maple syrup mixture over the peach halves. Grill for another minute or two, or until the peaches are tender while still holding their shape.
- Remove from grill.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, garnished with a few fresh basil leaves.
- If using a BBQ, preheat to 230ºC (450ºF). Once grill is preheated, grease well with some melted Crystal margarine. Proceed with recipe.
- For ease, use freestone peaches or try the recipe with nectarines or plums.
- For a different flavour profile, replace the basil with fresh mint or thyme.
- Serve grilled peaches on their own, with greek yogurt, ice cream, or sliced into wedges and tossed into a salad.