Two things we love about Bundt cakes: they’re super easy to slice, and there’s extra surface area to pour yummy glaze all over! This classic cake tastes so refreshing, it’s sure to remind you of a sunny summer day, no matter what time of year it is. Makes a great snack with tea or coffee, or a light dessert to sweeten your palate after a meal.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Yield: 1 10” bundt cake
- 344 g / 2 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 31 g / ⅓ cup lightly toasted unsweetened coconut, ground fine
- 16 g / 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 10 g / 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 g / ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 g / ¼ tsp salt
- 167 ml / ⅔ cup canned coconut milk
- 63 ml / ¼ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 57 g / ¼ cup Crystal margarine
- 52 g / ¼ cup coconut oil
- 200 g / 1 cup sugar
- 145 g / ⅔ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs
- 5 ml / 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ml / ½ tsp lemon extract
- 18 g / 3 tbsp lemon zest, finely grated
- 210 g / 1 ¾ cups icing sugar
- 2 g / ¼ tsp salt
- 45 ml / 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 ml / ½ tsp coconut extract
- 15 ml / 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Lightly grease a 10 cup bundt pan with Crystal margarine. Flour the pan and tap out the excess.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, ground toasted coconut, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together the coconut milk and lemon juice.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, cream together the Crystal margarine, coconut oil, and sugars until pale and fluffy; about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, creaming well after each addition before adding the next ingredient. Sprinkle in the extracts and lemon zest, mix until fully incorporated.
- Add in one third of the dry ingredients. Cream until just combined. Pour in half of the coconut milk mixture. Mix well. Repeat process with the remaining ingredients; do not overmix.
- Transfer batter into the prepared bundt pan, smoothing out the batter.
- Place into the preheated oven. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan; 10 minutes. Invert cake onto a wire cooling rack or desired platter; cool completely.
For the glaze:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the icing sugar and salt until no lumps remain.
- Whisk in the lemon juice, coconut extract, and lemon zest.
- Spoon glaze over completely cooled cake. Allow glaze to set before serving.
- Ensure all ingredients are at room temperature before proceeding with recipe.
- Replace lemon zest with either orange or lime zest; both would also pair nicely with coconut.