Eating granola is a great way to start your day with a balanced mixture of protein, sugar, and healthy fats. It can be sprinkled on top of cereal, yogurt, and even salads. Granola keeps well in an airtight container, so make a large batch and keep it in the cereal cupboard.
115 g / 1⁄3 cup Crystal Margarine, melted
150 g / 3 cups Rolled oats
100 g / 1 cup Almond slivers
150 g / 1 cup Walnuts
150 g / 1 cup Pistachios
150 g / 1 cup Pecans
115 g / 3⁄4 cup Shredded coconut
50 g / 1⁄4 cup Brown sugar
80 g / 1⁄4 cup Maple syrup
30 ml / 2 tbsp Vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 250°F(120°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the nuts, oats, coconut, and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, melted Crystal Margarine, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the maple syrup and melted margarine mixture over the nuts and oats. Toss to coat evenly.
- Spread the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Transfer to the oven. Cook for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes, until the mixture is dry and crunchy. If the mixture is browning too fast, turn the oven temperature down.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before storing in air tight containers.