These cute little muffins pack a serious punch of protein thanks to the combination of turkey and eggs. Reheat these in the microwave for an energizing breakfast on the go.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 60g / 1/4 cup Crystal margarine, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 5 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 60ml / 1/4 cup skim milk
- 200g / 3/4 cup turkey, cooked and diced
- 20g / 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 30g / 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated, plus extra for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350F(175C). In a medium skillet, heat the turkey on medium-high heat. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and egg whites. Add in the skim milk, ¼ cup of melted Crystal margarine, grated cheddar cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in chopped spinach.
- The egg muffins can be stored for 3 – 4 days in the fridge, and reheated as needed.
- For a no-meat option, try replacing the turkey with chopped mushrooms.