Create this Ultimate Grilled Peach Salad with juicy Canadian peaches grown in Ontario and BC. Use this year’s crop to create this perfect-for-summer salad with peach slices brushed with Crystal Margarine and roasted to sear in its flavour. This combines well with the baby arugula lettuce and the sharp zest of red onion. Accompanied by a dressing of balsamic vinegar and maple syrup, this made-for-summer salad balances your need for the sweet and savoury. Enjoy this salad on a sunny summer day for lunch while relaxing and listening to your favourite music. Crystal Margarine is lactose-free and has no trans-fat. Read our Nutrition Page to find out more.
Yield: 4 servings
Calories per serving: 345
- 4 peaches, halved with pit removed
- 1 tbsp Crystal Margarine, melted
- 2 oz baby arugula
- 3 oz spring mix
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Lightly brush peach halves with melted Crystal Margarine, and place on grill for 4 minutes or until lightly browned with grill marks.
- In a large salad bowl, mix together remaining salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl, gently whisk together the balsamic vinegar, canola oil, and maple syrup until combined.
- Combine dressing into salad and toss well.