Tempeh is a fermented soy product with tons of protein and hearty flavour. Coated in a spicy buffalo sauce, these tangy bites go perfectly with a ranch salad.
Makes: 12 tempeh tenders
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 15 – 25 minutes
- 12 2-inch slices of tempeh
- 70 g / 2 1/2 cups puffed rice cereal, crushed into a powder
- 112 g / 1/2 cup melted Crystal margarine
- 355 ml / 1 ½ cups Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 2 g / 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- If tempeh comes in a block, slice into 1 centimetre thick strips.
- Combine margarine, hot sauce, and paprika in a microwave-safe container and heat until melted.
- Marinade slices in 1/2 cup of of hot sauce mixture for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375F (175C).
- Place rice cereal in a ziplock bag and seal. Using a rolling pin, roll and break the cereal into fine bits. Leave some large cereal to give a variety in texture.
- Dip the marinated tempeh slices into cereal mixture to coat. Place onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Brush remaining hot sauce mixture on all sides. Bake another 2 minutes.
- If you don’t have a rolling pin, use a wine bottle to crush the puffed rice cereal.