Wake up to a delicious and healthy breakfast with our protein-packed Tofu Scramble! This recipe is perfect for those looking for a vegan and gluten-free alternative to traditional scrambled eggs. Tofu Scramble is made with crumbled tofu that is cooked with veggies such as onions and garlics. The dish is seasoned with nutritional yeast and turmeric to give it a delicious creamy and savoury flavour.
Our Tofu Scramble is a perfect meal for busy mornings when you need a quick and easy breakfast option. It’s also a great weekend brunch dish that can be enjoyed with family and friends. We recommend serving it with whole grain toast or savoury waffles and avocado for a complete breakfast meal.
Customize the Tofu Scramble according to your taste and dietary needs. Try adding veggies like mushrooms, tomatoes, bell peppers, spinach or kale, or spices like paprika, cumin or cayenne pepper for a kick of heat.
Yield: 3-4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1 16-oz (450g) container firm tofu, drained
- 3 tbsp melted Crystal margarine
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced fine
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce or apple cider vinegar
1) Gently squeeze the tofu to extract excess water. Blot dry with paper towel.
2) Crumble tofu with your hands.
3) Heat a nonstick pan over medium-high heat. add a little margarine to lightly coat the pan. You can add more as needed.
4) Cook onions until transparent, 2-3 minutes. Stir in nutritional yeast, onion powder, and turmeric.
5) Add garlic and continue to cook until fragrant.
6) Add tofu to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned.
8) Remove from heat. Drizzle the soy sauce or apple cider vinegar over the tofu scramble and give it a quick stir.
9) Serve the protein-packed tofu scramble warm with toasted bread, avocado, and salad greens.
Make sure to buy firm tofu, as the softer varieties will not crumble properly.