For an easy way to add nutritious vegetables to your meal, swap out your usual starch for delicious cauliflower “rice.” You and your family will love the zesty, citrus tang, and the rich flavour that comes from baking. It’s simple and economical to prepare, but it tastes like a million bucks!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 to 20 minutes
Yield: 2-4 servings
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove / 1 tsp minced garlic
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp Crystal margarine, melted
- 15 ml / 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 15 ml / 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 3 g / 1 tsp
- 3 g / 1 tsp lemon zest
- 6 g / 1 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 g / ½ tsp salt
- 3 g / ½ tsp ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse, in batches, until it resembles rice. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Place onion and garlic in the bowl of the food processor, and pulse until chopped. Add Crystal margarine and remaining ingredients. Pulse until it comes together as a paste.
- Pour over cauliflower and toss to coat. Spread onto prepared baking sheet and place in preheated oven. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until golden brown and tender.
- This recipe can also be sauteed. Simply melt 14 g / 1 tbsp of Crystal margarine in a large frying pan over medium heat. Stir in prepared cauliflower rice and cook, stirring often, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness.