Lime Coconut Chips are perfect when used as garnish on parfaits, cereals, or just on their own. Also, don’t feel guilty about reaching for more, they’re addictive and good for you!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
Yield: 135 grams / 3 cups toasted coconut chips
- 28 g / 2 tbsp Crystal margarine, melted
- 1 g / 2 tsp lime zest (about 1 lime)
- 30 ml / 2 tbsp lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 135 g / 3 cups organic coconut flakes
- 1 g / 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
For the Garnish:
- 1 g / 2 tsp lime zest
- Preheat oven to 325℉ (170℃). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, melt Crystal margarine; about 15 seconds. Cool slightly.
- With a microplane, finely grate the zest of 1 lime into the melted Crystal margarine. Roll the lime on your work surface, cut in half, and add the juice of the lime to the Crystal margarine mixture. Remove any stray seeds that may have fallen in.
- Add the coconut flakes into the bowl. Toss to combine. Sprinkle the salt over the coconut flakes. Toss again. Transfer coconut flakes to the prepared baking sheet. Evenly spread the flakes out in a single layer. Place baking sheet into the preheated oven. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly golden in colour. Take out of the oven and transfer onto a baking sheet lined with paper towels.
- Zest lime over the hot coconut chips. Toss gently. Cool completely.
- For spiced chips, omit lime juice and zest, and add 1 tsp (2.5 grams) ground cinnamon when adding the salt.
- Keep an eye on your flakes, as thinner flakes will brown faster.
- Serve atop frozen vanilla or chocolate yogurt.
- Use as a garnish for parfaits or cereals, or to have as a simple snack.