Queso Dip always goes fast at social gatherings. This recipe creates a large, party sized quantity.
Prep Time: 1.5 hours
Cook Time: Under 10 minutes
Yield: about 1.5 liters / 6 cups
- 250 g / 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked for at least 1 hour
- 180 g / 1 orange bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 236 ml / 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk (such as coconut or almond)
- 2 g / 2 tsp chili powder or taco seasoning, divided
- 20 g / 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 55 g / 1/4 cup Crystal margarine, melted
- 35 g / 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 345 g / 2 1/2 cup black beans, canned, rinsed, and drained
- 340 g prepared salsa
- Garnishes: cilantro, sliced green onions
- Soak cashews for at least 1 hour.
- After they’ve soaked, drain and rinse the cashews.
- Place the cashews, orange bell pepper, milk, nutritional yeast, and 1 tsp of chili powder in a high powered blender. Puree until thick and creamy, about 3-4 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, add the melted Crystal margarine, minced onion, black beans, salsa, and 1 tsp of chili powder over medium heat. Stir constantly until heated through, about 7-8 minutes.
- Add in the cheese sauce, stir to combine, and pour into your serving dish.
- Season to taste with salt/pepper if needed.
- Garnish as desired and serve.
- This dip is perfect with baked nachos too.