Whether you call them homefries or hash, this crispy potato dish is essential to any well-rounded breakfast repertoire. Using sweet potato adds another level of flavour and texture to this classic breakfast side dish.
120 g / 1⁄2 cup Crystal Margarine, plus extra for spreading on the bread
1 medium Onion, diced
4 cloves Garlic, chopped
2 large Sweet potatoes, washed
6 g / 2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
2 g / 2 tsp Dried oregano
Salt and pepper
- Leave the skin on the sweet potatoes. Cut them in half lengthwise, and then lengthwise again, leaving you with quartered sweet potatoes.
- Cut the wedges widthwise to approximately 1⁄2-inch wide.
- In a large frying pan, melt the Crystal Margarine over medium heat.
- Once the margarine has melted, add the sliced sweet potato, onion, garlic, pumpkin pie spice, and dried oregano.
- Turn down the heat to medium-low. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potatoes are golden and soft.
- Remove from the heat and serve alongside your favourite breakfast mains.