Enjoy this new twist on Mexican taco flavours with the delightful taste of stuffed spaghetti squash. It’s a delicious meal your family will enjoy with the healthy goodness of spaghetti squash, corn, tomatoes, and peppers. Mexican night at your family’s night just got a little more interesting and healthy. Suitable for vegetarians, this recipe is tied together with the flavours of tacos.
Yield: 4 servings
Calories per serving: 434
- 2 medium spaghetti squash, halved with seeds scooped out
- 3 tbsp Crystal Margarine, melted
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning
- 540 ml canned black beans, drained and rinsed well
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup corn
- ½ cup refried pinto beans
- 4 green onions, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400F. Drizzle the cut side of the spaghetti squash with 2 tbsp melted Crystal Margarine and season with salt and pepper. Place cut side down, on a large baking sheet. Roast until squash is tender, about 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before using a fork to pull out spaghetti squash strands.
- While squash is roasting, heat remaining margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add black beans and cook for one minute.
- Add taco seasoning and stir. Add cherry tomatoes, green & red pepper and corn and cook for an additional minute.
- Divide mixture and scoop into prepared spaghetti squash halves. Top with cheese, and place in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with refried pinto beans, green onions, cilantro, and sliced jalapenos.