Carrots are a simple and inexpensive way to add great flavour and nutrition to a meal. This recipe for roasted carrots couldn’t be easier to make and the sweet taste is amazing. Even your pickiest eater will think these veggies are a treat. Our advice: don’t even tell them it’s good for them!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 454 g / 1 lb baby carrots, peeled, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 28 g / 2 tbsp Crystal margarine, melted
- 15 ml / 1 tbsp honey
- 1 clove / 1 tsp garlic, finely minced
- 4 g / tbsp minced thyme
- 5 g / ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl toss together carrots, Crystal margarine, honey, garlic, thyme, and salt.
- Transfer carrot mixture to prepared baking sheet and spread out in a single layer. Roast, stirring once until slightly golden and cooked through; about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
- Switch up the flavour by using maple syrup and rosemary instead of honey and thyme
- This recipe can easily be made with parsnips instead of carrots, just increase the cooking time by 5 to 10 minutes