Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 20 crackers
- 180 g / 3/4 cup water
- 56 g / 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 150 g / 3/4 cup cooked, cooled quinoa (cook according to instructions on the box)
- 46 g / 1/3 cup pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- 45 g / 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 122 g / 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 g / 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 46 g / 1/4 cup Crystal margarine, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the water and chia seeds together. Let stand 5 minutes until thickened.
3. Mix in the quinoa, pepitas, tapioca flour, and sesame seeds. Let stand 2 minutes longer. Stir in any additional spices or herbs if using.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Lift parchment onto cutting board and cut into cracker-size shapes (the crackers pictured are 2 x 2 inch (5 cm x 5 cm) squares; you can do any size you like).
7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes longer until golden at edges and set at center. Transfer sheet to wire rack and cool completely on the sheet.
- Feel free to use any spices, cracked black pepper or herbs of choice
- Store in an airtight container