These crackers are crunchy and versatile. You can top these little delights with anything you’d like, and have peace of mind knowing that you’re getting a healthy dose of protein.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 20 crackers
- 180 g / 3/4 cup water
- 56 g / 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 150 g / 3/4 cup cooked, cooled quinoa (cook according to instructions on the box)
- 46 g / 1/3 cup pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- 45 g / 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 122 g / 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1 g / 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 46 g / 1/4 cup Crystal margarine, melted
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C) and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix the water and chia seeds together. Let stand 5 minutes until thickened.
- Mix in the quinoa, pepitas, tapioca flour, and sesame seeds. Let stand 2 minutes longer. Stir in any additional spices or herbs if using.
- Evenly spread quinoa mixture onto prepared baking sheet with spatula until it is between 1/8 inch (0.3 cm) to 1/4 inch (0.6 cm) thick. Brush with Crystal margarine and sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Lift parchment onto cutting board and cut into cracker-size shapes (the crackers pictured are 2 x 2 inch (5 cm x 5 cm) squares; you can do any size you like).
- Turn over crackers with a spatula. Place parchment and crackers back on sheet.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes longer until golden at edges and set at center. Transfer sheet to wire rack and cool completely on the sheet.
- Feel free to use any spices, cracked black pepper or herbs of choice
- Store in an airtight container